Unexpected error has occurred accessing /_layouts/termstoremanager.aspx

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Ads.

Please go to the plugin admin page to set up your ad code.

Came across an interesting issue in a test environment where our test user and I couldn’t access the Term Store Manager, and were getting the “unexpected error has occurred” message.

A quick look at the ULS logs showed the message:

System.InvalidOperationException: The Taxonomy feature (Feature ID "73EF14B1-13A9-416b-A9B5-ECECA2B0604C") has not been activated.

To find out the missing feature, I used PowerShell to interrogate it:

Get-SPFeature -Identity 73EF14B1-13A9-416b-A9B5-ECECA2B0604C

DisplayName                    Id                                       Scope
-----------                    --                                       -----
TaxonomyFieldAdded             73ef14b1-13a9-416b-a9b5-ececa2b0604c     Site

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Ads.

Please go to the plugin admin page to set up your ad code.

I couldn’t find the TaxonomyFieldAdded feature in the list of Site Collection Features in the browser (nor do I ever recall seeing it in the past). I went back to my friend PowerShell and tried:

Enable-SPFeature -Identity "TaxonomyFieldAdded" -Url http://testsite

A refresh of …/layouts/termstoremanager.aspx and the page loaded as expected.

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Ads.

Please go to the plugin admin page to set up your ad code.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *