I completed today the Microsoft exam 70-667 – MCTS SharePoint 2010, Configuring.
For anyone who is interested, here is my study guide:
- Professional SharePoint 2010 Administration by Todd Klindt, Shane Young & Steve Caravajal – an excellent resource and a must read.
- SharePoint 2010 Technical diagrams – a very visual representation of many aspects of SharePoint, aids in understanding.
- Downloadable content for SharePoint Server 2010 – these are downloadable guides, the Deployment and Operations ones offer fine level detail that you may need in the exam.
- Install SharePoint Server 2010 in a lab environment, go through every possible option in Central Admin and understand what each component does. This has a real help when I could visualise an admin screen while trying to answer a couple of questions. Do the same thing for a site collection, ensure you enable every site and site collection feature too.
- TechEd Videos – search for “SharePoint 2010” and watch as much as you can. There is probably more that is not directly relevant to the exam than what is, so use your discretion to complement your study from the above sources.
Exam tips & other helpful information:
- At the time of this blog post, the exam was 50 multiple choice questions, with 2 hours to complete.
- Read the questions carefully.
- Take your time – I completed in an hour, and used most of the second hour to review all the questions.
- In some cases, you can use logical deduction to find the answer – knowing what isn’t right can lead you to the right answer.
- I had ‘sourced’ online a couple of practice exams – I found some of the answers incorrect, and added confusion to the study I had already done.